Kolonia Zgorzelec was built between 1897 and 1901, and the complex of brick buildings is currently undergoing a metamorphosis. The thorough renovation includes all the houses, and part of it is already complete
The progress of the work has been reported by UM Bytom. In the photos we can see the historic housing estate after the metamorphosis. As part of the revitalisation, 24 buildings will be renovated, ten inhabited buildings of housing communities and 14 communal buildings. In addition, the surroundings of the buildings will be given a new look with new pavements, playgrounds and recreational areas
The first four familoks have been renovated. Each will contain two to four residential units with an area of between 47 and 75 square metres
The technical acceptance of buildings numbered 16, 27, 28 and 32 is behind us. The scope of works was enormous, as a complete overhaul was necessary, starting from structural works connected with replacing ceilings and reconstructing walls, and finishing with replacing woodwork and all installations, ‘ says Magdalena Górak, director of Bytomskie Mieszkańskie
The renovation of the following buildings will soon be completed. These are buildings numbered 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14. The building of the former bakery and laundry at Kolonia Zgorzelec 31 will also get a second life. A procedure is currently underway to change the design documentation, which is necessary to give the building a residential function. The city wants to obtain external funding for the renovation of this building
The scale of the work is impressive. Literally everything in the historic building has been renovated: foundations have been reinforced, new ceilings laid, walls and roofs repaired and insulation installed. All the work is being carried out under the supervision of the Voivodeship Historic Preservation Office in Katowice
Kolonia Zgorzelec was built on the initiative of the German nobleman Hubert von Tiele-Winckler. The housing estate was commissioned by the Katowice Joint Stock Company for Mining and Trade for the employees of the Hubertus Steelworks. The buildings have one or two storeys and a basement. The walls were made of red brick and elaborate decorations were avoided. The estate was entered in the register of historical monuments in 1994
source: archives of the Bytom City Hall, photo: H. Klimek, A. Janocha
Ta strona wykorzystuje pliki cookie, dzięki którym informacje są przechowywane na Twoim komputerze. Pozostawanie na tej stronie oznacza wyrażenie zgody na wykorzystywanie plików cookie.AkceptujDowiedz się więcej
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.